Cervical cancer is the cancer that happens on the cervix because of the abnormal growth of cancerous cells. It is the third most cause of cancer related deaths in women all over the world. The rate it is increasing it is really time that people start taking proper steps to fight against it. Every year thousands are dying because of the cancer in the cervix. It becomes fatal especially when it remains undetected for a long time-period. However, if detected early on, then it can be properly treated and the patient can live for a longer period of time without any problem. Generally, it develops for a certain period of time and there are no visible symptoms as such. So, it becomes really difficult at times to diagnose it and that is one of the main reasons why people die every year because of this deadly cancer.
What are the symptoms?
- Fatigue is one of the most common signs of cervical cancer like all other cancers and it really wears out the patient and they are not able to perform anything at all.
- Intercourse can be really painful if someone is affected by cervical cancer. It is one of the major symptom of cervical cancer and when you feel this is happening with you then do not hesitate to check up with your doctor ASAP. Don’t worry about the cervical cancer treatment cost in India and go do your treatment in a proper way. After all nothing is more important, than your health after all.
- Bleeding from the vagina after intercourse or between two menstrual cycles and even after you get menopause can be a symptom of cervical cancer.
- Discharge form the vagina that has a bad odour can be another symptom. Sometimes it is due to yeast infection or other infections, but if this symptom persists, then do check up with your doctor.
- Pain in legs or inflammation of the legs.
- Pain while urinating can be another symptom commonly mistaken for other symptoms. Similarly, urinary inconsistency can be another symptom of the cancer of the cervix.
- Pain in the lower abdomen similar to period pains.
Causes of the cancer of the cervix
There are several causes mainly caused by the modern lifestyle and they are as follows:
- Smoking is one of the major causes of cervical cancer. This common everyday act can destroy your body literally.
- Weak immune system is obviously another factor of contracting cervical cancer.
- Stress experienced for a long period can also make your body vulnerable to cervical cancer.
- Some contraceptive pills can also cause this deadly cancer when used for a long period of time.
- HPV (human papillomavirus) is one of the major causes of this cancer that is generally transmitted sexually. That is another reason why women with multiple cancers gets more affected by this virus.
- Even women who become sexually active early in their life can get affected more by this cancer and also women who give birth before they are 17 are at a risk for developing cervical cancer.
Whenever you see any symptom go check up with your doctor without worrying about cost of cervical cancer treatment in India.